Mechanical Design Engineer
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing is a world-leading producer of a wide range of special purpose vehicles, including executive SUVs, luxury sedans, personnel carriers, cash-in-transit vehicles, and others. INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing has been in the industry for over 20 years and is conveniently located in North York, Toronto.
The Mechanical Engineer will use their applied knowledge of engineering principles to design, develop and test new and redesigned products, mechanical components, machinery, and equipment from inception to approval and into production. Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop new design projects for Company’s armored vehicles/sheet metal projects
- Design and optimization of mechanical components for automotive systems
- Take measurements and conduct reverse engineering of automotive and industrial components
- Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Analyze and evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs.
- Document product designs by preparing bills of materials, drawings and engineering change requests
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain product and company reputation by complying with government regulations
- Maintain EPDM, and project documentation
- Continuously identify and undertake reasonable steps to increase the quality and productivity of design work, e.g. search for new features in new and existing software, develop approaches to reduce or automate routine and time-consuming tasks etc.
- Analyze and take reasonable steps to cut the cost of engineering process in the Company which includes reduced design time, efficient use of materials, stationery, utilities etc.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies
- Make a part orders’ requests to warehouse
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in Mechanical Design (5+ years) with 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferable in the AUTOMOTIVE industry.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, SolidWorks EPDM, AutoCAD.
- Experience with 3D scanning and Polyworks software is an advantage.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Strong practical knowledge of sheet metal fabrication (preferable laser cutting and bending)
- Ability to work in a team to resolve problems and keep projects on track
- Strong knowledge GD&T, ISO and engineering procedures
- Familiarity with the creation of bills of material (BOM)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Good mechanical aptitude and knowledge
- Able to work with little supervision, alone or as part of a team
- Strong detail and quality orientation
- Ability to learn new techniques, increase productivity of design work.
INKAS® Armored Vehicle Manufacturing wishes to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying. Please be aware that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for this position.
INKAS® is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at INKAS® are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. INKAS® will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.